The second Round Table for young women
17 August 2008- 23 August 2008
The 2nd Round Table for young women of the Arab Region was held in Cairo, Egypt, from 17 to 23 August 2008 at the Arab International Scout Centre.
This event is the second part of the 1st Round Table and its aim was to finalize the educational programme of young women (18 – 24 years).
The objectives were:
- Give the young leaders the opportunity to incorporate their needs in program.
- Develop the young leaders’ skills and competence to build an educational programme.
- Promote the young women network.
The training team were:
- Noura Aljaroody. Vice-chairman, Arab Regional Committee.
- Mona Alshal, member, Arab Regional Committee.
- Micheline Antonian, Director, Arab Region
- Aliaa ElJandal, Young Trainer from Kuwait
- Asmaa Shehata, Young Trainer from Egypt
- Lena Karaguezian, Programme Trainer from Lebanon
- Mariam ElHadry, Young Trainer from Oman
- Mounia ElSadani, Young Trainer from Tunis
The training team had a meeting on the 16th of August to get everything ready for this exciting event.
Participants are members responsible for programme and two young women under the age of 35 (At least one same than last time) from each Member Organization. We have 42 participants from 11 countries: Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebnon, Oman, Qatar, Sudan, Syria, Tunis, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.